1. Oma's Cherry Vodka - This vodka not only tastes like cherries, it's infused with 120 cherries! Made from a 1952 recipe by Grandma Oma herself from handpicked Michigan cherries. I like this one with some hot chocolate or a splash in your chocolate martini.
2. Duckworth Vodka - Made in Dallas, Tx from 100% Pure Cane, this vodka has won numerous awards and offers some of the most unusual flavors in vodka. While it comes in Original, Graprefuit Mango and French Oak, the Truffle Flavored Vodka is one I suggest enjoying this season. With it's earthy notes of cocoa, it's perfect for use in traditional cocktails like a White Russian, Martini or Bloody Mary. Or try it in this unusual cocktail called Just This Once - 2 oz Truffle vodka, .5 oz of green Chartreuse and .5 oz of Cherry Liqueur. Serve in a coupe glass with a half rim of grated Mexican chocolate.
3. Deep Eddy Cranberry Vodka - While not the most popular flavor in the Deep Eddy offerings, this one is my favorite. Great in a Moscow Mule garnished with dried cranberries or topped with champagne, this flavor brings out the spirit of the holiday and the season.
4. Pecan Reserve Flavored Vodka - A most unique flavor for a vodka. Made in Llano, TX at the Llano Craft Distillery. Just one of the very different flavors available - I can't wait to taste them all! Try this one in a Hot Toddy or an Old Fashioned for a twist on a traditional cocktail.
5. Wild Rag Texas Torch Cinnamon Flavored Vodka - Think hot jawbreaker candy.... Made down in Sandia, TX, this brand pays tribute to our Texas roots and the cowboy bandana. Their original vodka is made from cane sugar while their most recent product is made from vanilla beans (also great for the season). Texas Torch is made from cane sugar, hot chilis and cinnamon for a palette of sweet spice. Recommend this one for just sipping neat, adding to Mexican Hot Chocolate or Horchata, or mixing with a vanilla liqueur.
6. Infuse Spirits Cinnamon Apple Vodka - Made with real fruit and spices, this is one of many flavors available by Infuse. They also offer a cool selection of bitters and tinctures. Winning a number of awards, this flavor is like drinking an apple pie - complete with actual apple slices and cinnamon stick in the bottle. Try it in a Mule with a caramel sauce on the rim.
7. Figenza Vodka* - The first premium vodka made from Mediterranean figs. Use in classics like a martini or cosmopolitan. I like it with a little pomegranate liqueur. I'll be honest and say I've not played with this one much yet, so am anxious to try some new cocktails.
8. Western Son Prickly Pear* - Made from corn in Pilot Point, Tx, their Original vodka is one of my favorites. The 'flavors' are actually more like infusions as they are made from fruit concentrate with no added flavoring or added sugar. My favorite way to enjoy the Prickly Pear is in a big cup of hot apple cider, just add to taste. Try it with bubbles or add into your Mimosa.
Whichever you decide to try, know that I commend you for branching out and discovering something new. Let me know what you think and/or if there's a vodka I should add to this list.
Cheers vodka lovers and look forward to connecting with you soon.