Austin has a great cocktail culture and a twist to the classic is abundant around town. In partnership with the Austin Food Blogger Alliance, here’s a city guide to a few of the coolest places in which to enjoy one of my favorite libations.
1. Cover 3, 2700 Anderson Lane, #202, Austin, Texas 78757
Simple, original cocktail with plenty of punch. It's a perfect mule.
2. CU29 Cocktail Bar, 720 Brazos Street, Austin, Texas 78701
If you like a creative cocktails, then this is the place for you! Try the ghost pepper infused vodka in your mule.
The Skinny Jenny: citrus infused vodka, lime, lavender syrup and ginger beer.
4. Stella San Jac, 310 E. 5th St, Austin, Texas 78701
Try the Austin Mule made with Mezcal, Lime, Basil, and House Made Ginger Beer
5. Jacoby’s Restaurant & Merchantile, 3235 E Cesar Chavez Street, Austin, Texas 78702
This spicy version is sure to knock your socks off! The Melvin Mule is quite tasty made and with Ancho Reyes, lime juice and ginger beer.
6. The Boiler Room at Boiler Nine, 800 W Cesar Chavez Street, Austin, Texas 78701
“Your beauty is beyond compare, with flaming locks of auburn hair, with ivory skin and eyes of emerald green” –Dolly Parton. Must have the Jolene: Vodka, Pickled Peach, Ginger Beer, Sun Tea Bitters, and Mint .... and don't blame me if you start singing.