WHAT: The makers of San Antonio’s own Seersucker Southern Style Gin are celebrating the grand opening of Seersucker Distillery with a Cinco de Mayo party and viewing of the Kentucky Derby. The public is invited to the recently remodeled 5,000 square-foot distillery to watch the race on an outdoor video wall while enjoying:
• Cocktails from Seersucker Southern Style Gin + Cinco Vodka
• Gin Juleps with $2.25 (or 25%) of every one sold benefitting SNIPSA
• Onsite food trucks including Guerilla Gourmet
• Classic southern lawn games including Bocce Ball
• Free tours of the Distillery at 12PM, 2PM, and 4PM
• Live horses and photo ops from 3PM – 5PM
• DJ tunes from Giant Hornets from Japan before the race
• Live music by Zack Walther Band after the race
• . Seersucker Derby attire contest with cash prizes:
Best Dressed Derby Day: $100 cash prize
Best Derby Day Hat: $100 cash prize
Best Dressed Derby Day Couple: $100 cash prize
(Judging between 4-5:00, announce winner at 5:55! (Must be present at announcement to win.)
The Seersucker Distillery Cinco de Derby Party is free to enter, open to all ages and pet-friendly (well-behaved pets on a leash are welcome).
WHEN: Saturday, May 5
12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
WHERE: Seersucker Distillery
8501 Cover Rd
San Antonio, TX 78263
RSVP HERE: https://www.facebook.com/events/218168275608546/
Phase one of Seersucker Distillery was completed in February 2018 followed by a soft opening to the public. Phase two of the remodel marks the completion of “The Grand Lawn” which includes a turf court for bocce ball, cornhole and washers and a dedicated area for food trucks. Seersucker Distillery’s Cinco de Derby Party is the first largescale public unveiling of the completed indoor Tasting Room and outdoor spaces.
ABOUT SEERSUCKER SOUTHERN STYLE GIN
Azar Family Brands’ (AFB) Seersucker Southern Style Gin is the only gin produced in San Antonio, Texas. AFB distills the grain-based spirit in small batches in a hand-hammered European copper pot still and uses all-natural botanicals. With hints of citrus, honey and mint complimenting its light juniper undertones, Seersucker brings an entirely new gin flavor profile to the market. Sweet and smooth to the taste, Seersucker Southern Style Gin is an approachable, easy-to-mix spirit.